DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL, PHYSICAL AND COMPUTER SCIENCES
The Department consists of two buildings respectively the Physics Building and the Mathematics Building. Both are located in Parma University Campus "Parco Area delle Scienze" in the south border of Parma.
Parco Area delle Scienze 7/a (Campus), 43124 PARMA
GPS: Latitude N 44.767236 - Longitude E 10.315338
Parco Area delle Scienze 53/a (Campus), 43124 PARMA
GPS: Latitude N 44.763810 - Longitude E 10.311267
Coming from Milan (A1 motorway) : exit at 'Parma Ovest', take the Via Emilia Ovest, then turn right onto Tangenziale Sud and follow the direction: Campus/Langhirano (see Google map).
Coming from Bologna or from Verona (A1 motorway): take 'Parma Nord' exit, turn right onto Tangenziale Nord, then follow the indications to La Spezia/Campus/Langhirano.
From Tangenziale take exit n. 15 (Langhirano/Campus). This exit leads to a large round-about, take its first exit, marked “Campus”. Go straight on, across a small round-about, and enter the University gate.
- Physics Build.: after Univ. gate take the first turn on the right and follow for 200 m, the Physics building is on the right.
- Mathematics Build.: after the University gate go straight and turn right in correspondence of sign "Plesso di Matematica".
By Bus (from the railway station of Parma):
From the Parma station, take bus N. 21 or “Campus Express” (20 min trip), N. 7 (25 min trip). The destination is (see above the front windshield of buses) UNIVERSITÀ SUD. Be careful not to take the wrong direction.
Each line has a frequency of about 7 min, between 7:00 and 19:45, less frequent in August and September. Bus timetables from station to Campus available here: http://www.tep.pr.it/servizi_speciali/campus_express/default.aspx
Urban tickets can be purchased at ticket offices and in shops (cafés, tobacco shops, newsstands, etc) displaying the relevant sign. For an extra charge and with the exact change, it is also possible to buy the ticket on the bus.
Parma can be reached from the following airports:
- Parma (PMF: tiny airport with a few flights, mostly Italian; bus n. 6 leads to downtown);
- Bologna (BLQ: airport bus to Bologna railway station, 30min);
- Milano Linate (LIN: airport bus to Milano Centrale railway station, 30min);
- Milano Malpensa (MXP: airport bus to Milano Centrale railway station, 45min);
- Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGY: airport bus to Milano Centrale railway station, 30min);
The airport in Parma is about 10 Km from Campus. It is linked to the railway station, the main hotels of Parma and downtown by the Aerobus, a bus service that offers a run for each departure or arrival flight.