Professor Claudio Arezzo - Homepage
Full Professor in Geometry
Dipartimento di Scienze Matematiche, Fisiche e Informatiche
Università degli Studi di Parma
Parco Area delle Scienze, 53/A
Phone Number(s): ++39 0521 906949
Geometry of Partial Differential Equations
- Name: Claudio Surname: Arezzo
- Date of birth: October 29th 1970 Place of birth: Genova, Italy
- September 2010-today : On leave from the University of Parma and Research Scientist at Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, ICTP, Trieste
- December 2004: Full Professor of Geometry at the University of Parma.
- July 2003: Qualification for Full Professorship.
- Since June 2000: Member of the editorial board of the Rivista Matematica della Università di Parma.
- 1/3/2000 - December 2004 : Associate Professor of Geometry at the University of Parma, Italy.
- 1/6/2000 - 1/7/2000 : Visiting Professor at the University of Paris XII, France.
- 21/12/1998 - 28/2/2000 : Research assistant at University of Genova, Italy.
- 9/1998 - 6/1999: Visiting Research Fellow at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (U.S.A.).
- 9/1997 - 8/1999: Visiting Research Fellow at Stanford University (U.S.A.).
- 1/1997 - 8/1997: Postodoctoral Fellow at University of Warwick (U.K.).
- 10/1993 - 1/1997: Ph. D. in Mathematics at University of Warwick (U.K.), discussing a thesis on "Minimal surfaces and holomorphic curves in Kahler manifolds", advisor M.J. Micallef, in Cambridge (U.K.) on 10/11/1996.
- 11/1992 - 10/1996: Ph. D. in Mathematics at Consorzio Genova-Torino (Italy), discussing a thesis on "Sulle superifici periodiche di area minima" (On periodic minimal surfaces), advisor G.P. Pirola, in Rome (Italy) on 11/7/1997.
- 11/1988 - 7/1992: Laurea cum Laude in Mathematics at University of Genova (Italy), discussing a thesis on "Curvatura scalare e deformazioni conformi di metriche riemanniane" (Scalar curvature and conformal deformations of riemannian metrics), advisors G. Monti-Bragadin e A. Ratto.
Invited speaker at the following conferences:
- Geometrie des Varietes Complexes, Luminy, October 2006.
- Topology of Algebraic Varieties, Alghero, September 2006.
- Extremal metrics and Stability, Edinburgh, July 2006.
- Differential Geometry in Tokyo and Nagoya, December 2004.
- Special program in Differential Geometry, September-October 2004, Centro De Giorgi, Pisa.
- Special program in Differential Geometry, August 2003 - May 2004, Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
- Perspectives in Differential Geometry, Banff International Research Station, Canada, July 12 - 17, 2003.
- Topics in Complex and Real Geometry, March - May 2003, Pisa.
- ROMA 2003: Moduli spaces, Lie Theory, interactions with Physics, Roma La Sapienza, March - May 2003.
- Geometry of low dimensional manifolds and special geometries, Luminy, France, 3 - 7 June, 2002.
- Differential Geometry and PDEs, Canadian Mathematical Society Annual Meeting, Quebec City, June 2002.
- First Italian-American meeting (UMI-AMS), Pisa, June 2002.
- Geometries of low dimensional manifolds and special geometries, Centre International de Rencontres Mathmatiques (C.I.R.M.) in Luminy (France), June 2002.
- Harmonic morphisms and harmonic maps, Centre International de Ren- contres Mathematiques, Luminy (France), May 2001.
- Geometric properties of real and complex manifolds. Palermo (Italy), September 1999.
- Europroj Annual Confrenee, Alghero (Italy), 24-29 June 1997.
- Workshop on complex differential geometry, Warwick (U.K.), 13-25 July 1997.
- Nuovi contributi italiani alla geometria differenziale, Bari (Italy), 5-9 September 1997.
- Differential Geometry Day, Leeds (U.K.), April 1997.
Invited speaker at the following institutions:
- University of Rome, La Sapienza (Italy).
- University of Milano (Italy).
- University of Firenze (Italy).
- University of Pavia (Italy).
- University of Alessandria (Italy).
- University of L'Aquila (Italy).
- University of Cagliari (Italy).
- University of Warwick (U.K.).
- University of Leeds (U.K.).
- Insitute Henry Poincare, Parigi (Fr).
- Stanford University (U.S.A.).
- Brown University (U.S.A.).
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (U.S.A.).
- Queen's University (Canada).
- Princeton University (U.S.A.).
- Courant Institute for Mathematical Sciences, New York (U.S.A.).
- Calibrated Geometries, in collaboration with A. Tomassini, Graduate course, 2003.
- Symplectic Geometry, in collaboration with A. Tomassini, Graduate course, 2002.
- Geometry 2 at University of Parma.
- Topology and Functions of one complex variable at University of Parma.
- Differential Geometry at University of Parma.
- Topics in Geometry at University of Parma.
- Geometry of curves and surfaces at University of Warwick (U.K.).
Advisor of the following undergraduate dissertations:
- Sara Azzali
- Elisa Rossi
- Elena Galloni
- Fausto Predieri
- Lucia Panizzi
- Lorenzo Mazzieri
- Elena Iemmi